23 Jul How to Use Spectracide Triazicide Insect Killer for Lawns and Landscapes Concentrate
How to Use Spectracide Triazicide Insect Killer for Lawns and Landscapes Concentrate
Spectracide Triazicide Insect Killer for Lawns and Landscapes Concentrate is one of the most popular, easy to use insecticides available to homeowners for insect control. It also treats and kills over 260 insects upon contact. Available in a single quart bottle, this product hooks up to the end of your garden hose and can be sprayed in a variety of outdoor locations. This Sod University article covers information on properly using Spectracide Triazicide on outdoor insects and bugs.
Spectracide Triazicide Product Overview
Like all Spectracide products, Spectracide Triazicide is extremely easy to use as it hooks up to the end of your garden hose for an even spray application. More will be covered in the How to Use Spectracide Triazicide section of this article, but this product is frequently purchased for its ease of use and broad spectrum of insects and bugs it offers control over. With the active ingredient Gamma-Cyhalothrin 0.08%, Spectracide Triazicide’s fast-acting formula kills over 260 insects on contact above and below the ground, and offers up to three months of control of pests. Spectracide Triazicide is safe to use in lawns, vegetable gardens, fruit and nut trees, roses, flowers, trees and shrubs. The amount of sq. ft. this product covers depends on which types of insects you are treating.
Insects Controlled with Spectracide Traizicide
Spectracide Triazicide categorizes insects as above and below the ground when treating. Underground insects include bluegrass billbugs, black turfgrass Ataenius, chiggers, chinch bugs, white grubs, dung beetles, hyperodes weevils, mites and mole crickets. Surface (or above ground insects) include ants, armyworms, cockroaches, crickets, cutworms, earwigs, fleas, ladybeetles, sod webworms, millipedes, mosquitos, moths, Palmetto bugs, sowbugs, spittlebugs, ticks and waterbugs. See a full list of the insects and bugs Spectracide Triazicide offers control over on the product label. For more information on different types of lawn insects and how you can identify them, read Insect Identification.
Pictured above from left to right: white grubworm, mole cricket, fall armyworm, hunting billbug and sod webworm.
How to Use Spectracide Triazicide
As previously mentioned, the amount of sq. ft. this product covers depends on which types of insects you are treating. The method of application roughly remains the same, though. For underground insects in lawns, one quart of Spectracide Traizicide covers 2,560 sq. ft. whereas for above ground insects, one quart treats 5,120 sq. ft. For all other uses such as ornamental trees, shrubs, flowers, vegetables, fruit and nut trees, one quart will treat approximately 6,144 sq. ft. according to the product label. Specific application instructions for each use can be found on the product label.
- Shake closed container well before using.
- Make sure the switch on the top of the Spectracide Triazicide bottle is in the “OFF” position. Connect Spectracide Triazicide’s spray nozzle to the end of a garden hose.
- Extend the hose to the farthest area to be treated and work backwards towards the water hose faucet so that you don’t step in the treated area. Turn on water at the faucet.
- Remove the safety tab from the sprayer by pulling straight out. You can either discard this or keep it for future use.
- Point the nozzle towards the treatment site and pull switch backward towards the hose while spraying. Spray with an even sweeping motion and slightly overlap treated areas to prevent areas from being left untreated.
- Spray until wet to control insects. Walk at a steady pace and work backwards toward the faucet as mentioned in step three.
- Once you have finished spraying the treatment site, push the switch forward towards the nozzle, then turn the water off at the faucet. To relieve the pressure before disconnecting Spectracide Triazicide from the hose, pull the switch backwards towards the hose connection until water stops spraying. Then disconnect the nozzle from the hose.
- Make sure the switch is fully forward in the “OFF” position for storage.
- Re-install the safety tab you removed in step four.
- Keep Spectracide Triazicide stored in a cool area away from heat, sunlight or open flame.
Read the product label below for more detailed application instructions.
Spectracide Triazicide is a non-staining product for most home siding depending on age and cleanliness. If you have vinyl siding, test in an inconspicuous area and recheck in a few hours before using. Read the product label thoroughly before applying.
If Spectracide Triazicide doesn’t control the insects you are currently experiencing, be sure to check out the rest of our insecticide products online here.
Subscribe to our e-newsletter below if you haven’t done so already to receive the latest updates from Sod University.